Landlord-Tenant Law Seminar
On Tuesday, November 18, 2014, Edmund P. Kos and David M. Mustard spoke at a landlord-tenant law program in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Highlights of the “Landlord-Tenant Law: Leases, Evictions, Litigation and Settlements” seminar included the following:
- how and when to evict
- landlord-tenant disputes and litigation
- tenant default issues
- environmental issues in leasing
- drafting and negotiating solid leases
- drafting settlement stipulations
- Fair Housing and discrimination issues
- the effect of landlord or tenant bankruptcy
- ethical behavior and practice
The day-long continuing education seminar was sponsored by Sterling Education Services. Mr. Kos and Mr. Mustard discussed contract issues regarding leases, including routinely negotiated lease provisions and construction and legal interpretation of leases. They also discussed default and lease termination issues.
If you are an attorney that would like to receive copies of the handouts from the seminar, please contact us.